Efaon is devoted to representing working people in a wide range of employment and labor law matters. Efaon’s practice includes vigorously representing employees in all forms of harassment and discrimination (i.e. sexual, gender based, racial, disability, sexual orientation, as well as others), and wrongful termination and retaliation. Efaon is experienced in handling wage and hour matters, including meal and rest break violations, and actions for overtime pay.
Efaon is committed to the labor movement and to the representation of unions. He is experienced in representing union negotiations, producing research and strategic analysis, and in representing unions and members in grievances and NLRB matters.
Previously, Efaon has practiced employment law, labor law, and plaintiff‐side tort law. Efaon worked with the Employee Rights Center, a local non-profit dedicated to assisting the employment matters of working people, the San Diego Fire Lawyers, and in his own practice. While working at the San Diego Fire Lawyers, a partnership of law firms representing victims of the 2007 San Diego County wildfires, Efaon worked with a team of attorneys representing clients who had lost homes, businesses, and other property, and experienced serious traumatic events in the 2007 wildfires. The San Diego Fire Lawyers was the largest single plaintiff group in the 2007 wildfires litigation, which was one of the largest tort matters ever litigated in the California courts.
Efaon’s most recent work has been as the staff attorney at the Unite Here Local 30 union where he coordinated the wage and hour claims of workers being organized at two major San Diego hotels as well as assisted with the day to day legal needs of the union.
Areas of Practice
- 85% Employment Law – Plaintiff
- 15% Class Action – Plaintiff
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 2012
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2017
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. – 2008
- Honors: Merit Scholarship, 2005-2008
- Honors: Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competition, West Coast Regional Champion, 2008
- Honors: Highest Grade: Employment Law
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 2002
- Honors: Deans List – Engineering College 2000-2001
- Major: Computer Science
- Unemployment Insurance Hearings, USD Legal Clinic, 2016 – 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Member, 2018 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Employee Rights Center, Counsel – Special Projects, 2012 – 2013
- Unite Here Local 30, In-House Counsel, 2013 – 2014
San Diego Fire Attorneys, Attorney, 2009 – 2011